Osher Map Library offers free tutorial sessions on accessing and using our resources for K-12 educators. Included in these sessions are:
- a tour of OML’s facilities,
- a demonstration of our online digital resources and educational materials,
- a viewing of our current exhibition,
- a tour of our antique globe collection,
- and an introduction to our collection of facsimiles atlases.
An onsite session lasts around 90 minutes.
While we prefer that these sessions be held at the Osher Map Library so that all of our resources can be viewed, we also offer offsite sessions for groups unable or unwilling to travel. Offsite professional development sessions focus on our online digital resources and downloadable educational materials. They can be conducted at any school or organization within sixty miles from Portland at no cost, provided that the facility has a projector and Internet access. Offsite sessions last roughly 30 minutes.
These sessions are recommended for in-service days or departmental meetings, and can be scheduled for anytime between 8am and 5pm, Mondays through Fridays.