Terms of Service
To the extent that it may properly do so, the library will ordinarily grant the usual publication rights to qualified applicants. The applicant agrees that this permission, if granted, shall be subject to the conditions listed below.
Conditions Governing Reproduction and Publication of items in the Collections of the Osher Map Library and Smith Center for Cartographic Education, University of Southern Maine
1. Permission is granted for one use, one edition, and in one language. Additional language editions and new editions will be considered upon application. Photographic material may not be reused without the written permission of the Osher Map Library and Smith Center for Cartographic Education (OML).
2. Exclusive right to publish materials from the Library’s collections ordinarily will not be granted. In giving permission to publish and reproduce images, OML does not surrender its own right to publish the material or to grant permission to others to publish it.
3. Applicant assumes full and complete responsibility for any infringement of copyright or literary right which may grow out of his/her/their use or publication of the material.
4. Photographs will be identified with bibliographic details provided by OML and must be credited in all publications as “Courtesy of the Osher Map Library and Smith Center for Cartographic Education, University of Southern Maine.” If used for a web based publication, a link to the item on the OML website must be included.
5. Applicants are responsible for reproduction costs. For digital images provided by OML, the default format will be: .tiff with a RGB workspace.
6.Applicant will provide OML with one complimentary copy of the publication in which reproduced images appear.