The Map Library has many maps and atlases of the American Civl War period. The following is a brief selection. Search Osgood (our online catalog) for more information about these and others from the period.
- Johnson’s New Military Map of the United States showing the forts, military posts, etc. with enlarged plans of southern harbors [ST-1861-11]
- Military Map of the United States & territories [OML-1861-13]
- Phelps and Watson’s Historical and Military Map of the Border and Southern States [OS-1863-10]
- Johnson’s New Illustrated Family Atlas with Physical Geography and a Chronological History of the Civil War in America [SM-1864-20]
- Hunt’s Gazetteer of the Border and Southern States: railroad routes, turnpike roads, cities, towns, villages, valleys, rivers, springs, etc….reliable guide for the soldiers [ OS-1864-24]
- Map of the Seat of War to Accompany the American Conflict [OS-1866-21]
- Military Maps Illustrating the Operations of the Armies of the Potomac & James, May 4th 1864 to April 9th 1865… [SM-1867-40]
Thanks to Cameron Ayotte for his help in compiling this list.